An Electrical Installation Condition Report, or EICR for short, is the inspection and testing of electrical installations like light fittings, fuse boxes, and plug sockets. It is sometimes referred to as fixed wire testing or an electrical inspection.
Electrical installations can become damaged over time and pose a potential fire risk.
EICR testing ensures your workplace or rental property is compliant with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and should be carried out between every three and five years depending on the installation type.
EICR testing all across the UK
We have a network of highly-skilled EICR specialists operating across the UK, as well as Ireland and the Channel Islands.
No matter where you are in the country, we have a locally-based and highly-skilled engineer that can test your building and ensure any remedial work is carried out.
Why choose Hawkesworth for your EICR testing requirements?
Hawkesworth specialises in EICR testing. Our skilled electricians will carry out the electrical inspections needed to help you remain safe, providing you with a certificate to show your business is compliant with regulations.
- We are available for testing any time: We can carry out your EICR testing in the evenings and at weekends
- We’re fully accredited: We are members of NICEIC and the ECA, ensuring that you receive a high-quality and reputable service
- We provide services to businesses large and small: We have experience in delivering fixed wire electrical testing to multi-site companies, as well as independent companies and landlords
- We offer a fully flexible service: If you have a lot of installations to test, we can stagger your testing for convenience, and provide a free reminder service when testing is due. We can also carry out any remedial work
- We’re a one-stop-shop for your businesses safety requirements: As well as EICR testing; we provide a range of electrical compliance services including PAT testing and fire risk assessments
- We provide expert advice any time you need it: We keep all of our customers up to date with the latest electrical developments in the sector, so you are fully informed at all times