PAT testing services and EICR inspections in Edinburgh
If you are based in Edinburgh or the surrounding areas and need EICR, PAT testing, or fire risk assessments, Hawkesworth is here to help.
We provide electrical equipment (PAT) testing, EICR (fixed wire) inspections, and fire risk safety assessments to keep your building or property safe and compliant.
Our local engineers provide services to not only the city of Edinburgh but the surrounding areas, including Musselburgh, Dalkeith, Broxburn, Penicuik, Linlithgow and Queensferry.
PAT testing in Edinburgh
PAT (electrical equipment) testing is when a qualified electrical engineer checks your electrical equipment to ensure it is safe to use. If you need PAT testing in Edinburgh or the surrounding areas, Hawkesworth is your company of choice.
Our team of locally-based engineers will test your whole building, and can even test at evenings and weekends at no extra charge.
EICR (fixed wire testing) in Edinburgh
EICR concerns the testing of electrical installations like plug sockets, wiring, and fuse boxes. This service protects commercial and rental properties from the risk of an electrical fire. Our electrical engineers will ensure your building is safe and compliant and you will get a detailed electrical certificate/EICR report to prove this to stakeholders.
We also offer thermal imaging to identify electrical installations that can’t be turned off for testing, for example, in hospitals and prisons.
Fire safety risk assessments in Edinburgh
A fire risk assessment is a legal requirement for most commercial and many residential buildings. It helps determine how you can reduce the risk of fire.
Our specialist and experienced fire risk assessors will thoroughly audit your building and recommend changes you can make to ensure you stay safe in an emergency.
Emergency lighting testing and maintenance in Edinburgh
Our emergency lighting engineers will thoroughly check your building’s emergency lighting to ensure it operates as it should in an emergency situation.
Fire alarm testing and servicing in Edinburgh
A well-tested fire alarm will keep your building residents safe in the event of a fire, as well as reduce the risk of false alarms.
Why choose Hawkesworth for your PAT testing, EICR inspections, and fire risk assessments in Edinburgh?
There are a lot of PAT testing companies in Edinburgh, and you’re probably wondering why Hawkesworth is the right company to keep you safe:
- We have the knowledge and skills you need. Legislation is different in Scotland than in the rest of the UK. Our team of experienced engineers and office staff have the local knowledge you need to stay compliant
- A cost-effective service: We offer competitive pricing to all our customers. Contact us today for your free, no-obligation quote and see how affordable a compliant building can be
- Available 24 hours a day, seven days a week: Our engineers are available outside of usual office hours to test your equipment and ensure minimal disruption to your staff and customers
- Experienced in multi-sites: Have a head office in Edinburgh and sites across the country? We are leaders in proving support to multiple sites across the country. One call or email to your designated account manager and we will schedule your testing
- Over twenty-five years of experience serving a variety of businesses: Whether you need testing for a large factory, chain of shops or one rental property, we will provide you with a high-quality and professional service
- We always go the extra mile: We provide a range of complimentary services that many of our competitors don’t, including a reminder service, scannable labels and photos of defective equipment
New holiday let PAT testing rules for Edinburgh
New laws in Scotland mean that short-term holiday lets (like Airbnbs and holiday homes) need to have PAT testing and landlord electrical safety certificates in place.
We’re the UKs Number 1 trusted voice of experience in the industry, who are regularly consulted to give our expert opinions with industry governing bodies.
Through our national network of fully certified engineers, Hawkesworth provide a range of technical compliance and testing services to ensure you’re not at risk – we’ve got you covered!